CCTV Privacy Notice
TRL is committed to protecting the privacy of the information we collect as part of our activities. TRL has created this Notice to help answer questions you may have about how we protect and use the information you provide.
TRL is collecting video footage data of Other Road Users (ORU) around the HGV platooning vehicles to ensure your safety and provide robust evidence to understand how platooning could impact the behaviour of ORUs.
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing the Data
TRL as a Data Controller takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to understand how ORUs engage with platoon.
The Lawful basis for Processing is Legitimate Interest
TRL is undertaking the HelmUK trial on behalf of DfT and Highways England. The outcome of the trial will provide a robust evaluation on which to base future decision making regarding platooning technologies.
The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s).
• VisionTrack – capture of ORU behaviour and processing
• Fusion Processing Ltd – capture of ORU behaviour and processing
As part of the processing activities, TRL will not pass your data on to any other third parties.
Your data will not be transferred out of the EEA.
Storage & Disposal
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom, or on secure cloud-based servers in a country within the European Economic Area that the European Commission has designated as having adequate levels of data protection. We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We make efforts to restrict access to information to only those employees, contractors, and agents who need such access in order to operate, develop, improve, or deliver our programmes, products, and services.
Your data will be held for a period of 3 years after the HelmUK project has ended to support any investigations that may arise. After the 2 year period personal data will be anonymised and the data will be archived and may be used for future research activities by TRL.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you feel we have not processed your data in accordance with Data Protection Legislation you have the right to raise a complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the following rights in relation to the collection and use of your personal data for this research:
- The right to be informed; this Privacy Notice contains information about the collection and use of your personal data, but please contact us if you would like any further information.
- The right of access; if you would like a copy of your personal data, please contact us.
- The right to rectification; if you would like to rectify any of your personal data, please contact us.
- The right to erasure; if you would like us to erase any of your personal data, please contact us.
- The right to restrict processing; if you would like us to restrict or suppress the processing of any of your personal data, please contact us.
- The right to data portability; if you would like us to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, please contact us.
- The right to object; if you would like to object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us.